Possibilitiesplus & LEAP
Family Leadership & Personal Budgets
The role of Families in advancing good lives for their family members through self-direction and individualized funding
Date: 28thMay 2018 Venue: Emmaus Retreat Centre, Swords, Dublin, Time: 9.30am – 5pm
Cost: €40 individuals with disabilities & Family members €80 Staff and professionals
includes tea/coffee & lunch
Leap is a family-based organisation that supports families to work together to build a vision of a good life and to focus on relationships, belonging and valued roles for their family member with a disability.
Possibilitiesplus is an organization who supports individuals with a personal budget. Working in partnership within the individual & their family the organization supports the individual to build a meaningful life in their own communities.
Leap & Possibilitiesplus invite you to spend the day with us thinking about citizen led change. Throughout the day you will hear stories about individuals, their families & organisations, and how they are supporting the people they love and/ or support to create and sustain a meaningful life.
The focus of the day is to share the learning and to explore:
- What family leadership looks like in Ireland and around the world.
- How best to utilise an individualised budget to secure a good life for a person with a disability.
The event will include speakers from Ireland and Australia, Canada, America & New Zealand who are working towards positive change.
|Speakers on the day
· Marion Meany, Head of Strategy & Planning, HSE
· Bobby Noone, Project Officer & Parent, CRU, Queensland, Australia & Nuala O’Keeffe, Parent, Ireland.
· Margaret Rodgers, Director, CRU, Queensland, Australia
· Sophia Johansson, Director, Massachusetts Families Organising for Change
· Rachel Cassen, Director, Leap, Ireland.
· Aoife O’Toole, CEO, Possibilities Plus Ireland
· Janet Klees, CEO, Durham Association, Ontario
· Lorna Sullivan, IIDL, Australia.
This workshop is most suitable for family members, people with disabilities, friends and supporters and people who work in policy or services.
Book your place for this event now at: http://bit.ly/2DX9p7w